Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to use this guide
By using the tabs above find the department that you work in. The record schedule for department specific files will be listed on that page.
Make sure that you check the General Administrative Files tab for record schedules that may be found in numerous departments.
STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES Consolidated General Records Disposition Schedule
What Records to send to the Archive?
OSUIT University Archives preserves university records of permanent value. Such records have continuing administrative, legal, fiscal and/or historical significance. By maintaining these records we can ensure that the important work done by your unit is documented for future generations.
Generally, if your office does not create a record, your copies are convenience copies and may be disposed of unless they contain confidential information. The Archives do not accept nor do we keep records containing personal confidential information such as student education records, class rolls, etc. See also Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) General Information.
Important Policies and Laws Governing Record Transfer, Storage and Public Access
What to Send to the OSUIT Archives
- Records that document the organization, function, policies, procedures, operations and essential transactions of the unit and friends groups
- Official correspondence and memoranda
- Committee minutes
- Publications and annual or other reports issued by your unit
- Photographs (please identify before transferring)
- Machine readable records accompanied by printed documentation
- Remove CONFIDENTIAL MATERIAL from files and make arrangements for its safe storage (only records that are exempt from the Oklahoma Open Records Act)
What You Should Keep with Your Records
- Personnel records
- Routine and courtesy correspondence such as: acknowledgments, announcements, confirmations, invitations, itineraries, reservations, letters of transmittal
- Material not related to the function/administration of the office:
- General distribution memos of other offices
- Publications of other institutions
- Departmental copies of financial records such as:
- Monthly budget statements
- Purchase orders
- Receipts, vouchers, work orders
- Salary distribution forms